Wednesday, October 15, 2008

The Fight Comes to my Neighborhood



The Secret Service ordered my little community college, barely a mile from Hofstra out in Hempstead, to cancel its evening classes. Since it also appears that traffic will be chaotic out there with all the security detours, the college decided to cancel classes for the day.
So here I am at home recovering from a weekend holiday with the flu; first Michael and then me. We both still feel lousy, and the cats are getting intolerably spoiled. I have some catch-up work to do today, and, oh yes, there's a debate tonight.

The latest poll news looks very good, but don't count your chickens before they hatch.

2 comments:

June Butler said...

Counterlight, I'm sorry that your day off (and your weekend) were spoiled by sickness.

I thought the debate was pretty boring. I'm glad it's the last one. They do not enlighten.

I'm not counting chickens.

Davis said...

They both annoyed me, but McCain made me want to retch. It was not a stellar night by any means.