Monday, August 17, 2009

Important Announcement

If Obama completely pulls the public option out of the health-care bill, and all we're left with is mandates and some recycled version of Blue Cross Blue Shield, then I'm opposing the bill and the Obama icon on the sidebar comes down.

I voted for CHANGE, not for more Democratic cave ins before right-wing bullshit.


It’s never a contest when the interests of big business are pitted against the public interest. So if we manage to get health care “reform” this time around it will be the kind of reform that benefits the very people who have given us a failed system, and thus made reform so necessary.

read the rest of Bob Herbert's column here.

UPDATE:

The radio says that the House Progressive Caucus is holding firm on the public option, threatening to vote against the bill if it lacks it.

Good.

4 comments:

rick allen said...

"the Obama icon on the sidebar comes down."

What is going on with the health care bill is alarming. But Obama is still our best advocate. He can't rule by decree, and the Congress, for whatever reason, seems unusually subject to demagoguery (actually I imagine its more their subjection to the big money necessary to retain office).

So, I think even if Obama has to back down, the "HOPE" sticker stays on my car. Politics is not an arena of nuance. If I don't have anyone I'm happy to vote for, I'll look for who I should vote against. If I can't get the best bill, I'll support one that's an improvement, and those who work for it. From my point of view there are too many without health care to join in the stampede to abandon Obama. He's not the messiah; he never was. But he beats the alternatives by a mile.

Göran Koch-Swahne said...

It's a Shame.

Counterlight said...

I hope I don't have to take down the icon. I really want this guy to succeed. But so far, I'm very disappointed in him.

JCF said...

Right the Frak On!