Thursday, June 10, 2010

The Last Eye Tale

... for a long while I hope.

I spent all day at the clinic run by the New York Eye and Ear Hospital on 14th street today. I spent most of the day waiting in crowded waiting rooms. I'm glad I waited because it turned out that I didn't have an eye infection at all. I had a tiny metal splinter in my eye. The eye doctor and a resident took it out in about 2 seconds. They gave me a thorough exam, and then another round of antibiotics. They said it should start to feel better by Saturday or Sunday, and all cleared up by the end of next week with no damage.

I hope this will be the last round of eye-drops and ointments, and the last visit to have my eye manhandled and poked for a long long time.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

YEAH!!! I am so glad it was that simple. (That can be painful...a piece of anything in your eye that is.) Take care and heal quickly.

Leonard said...

This is very good news...thanks for taking us with you because we ARE with you and always wish you well.

Leonardo Ricardo

June Butler said...

My goodness! Well, I'm glad the docs found the splinter and removed it. All this time, and it was a tiny piece of metal. Good riddance! May all go smoothly in your recovery now, Doug.

Counterlight said...

I'm very grateful that the nasty little thing is out. And now, it's a week of antibiotic eye goo and eye drops. Yech!
I'll be glad to be back to "normal" again.

it's margaret said...

Yikes!!!
I hope you feel better real soon.