Sunday, February 27, 2011

Down Temporarily

Tomorrow I go in for a kidney biopsy. It's strictly out-patient, so I will be spending the next 2 days at home recovering. "Frightened" is too strong a word (open heart surgery is frightening and this isn't even in the same ball park), but I am a little anxious about it, both the procedure and the results. The doctor is very optimistic that whatever ails my kidneys can be cured easily with medication.

My poor little organs have worked round the clock without a break for 53 years. Small wonder that they might get a little cranky.

I'll see y'all in a couple of days.

9 comments:

June Butler said...

Counterlight, you will be in my prayers, luv. I'll post a request for prayers at WB, too.

Don't blame yourself for being anxious. Any of us would be, but your doctor is optimistic, and I'm sure that once they find out what the problem is, with the proper medication, you will be fine.

Love and blessings.

susan s. said...

I'm with Mimi on this, Doug. Prayers, and it's okay to be concerned, but be not afraid. Additional prayers will rise at Church in a couple of hours.

Brian R said...

Prayers

it's margaret said...

oh... ow!

You are in my prayers, dear man.

All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Counterlight said...

Thanks everyone!

JCF said...

More prayers, Doug!

[And a special hug for {{{Michael}}}. I bet this is even harder for him, than for you.]

Gurdur said...

Best of luck!

Lapinbizarre said...

Keeping you in mind these coming days.

JayV said...

I shall pray for you. Keep the Faith.