Friday, August 9, 2013

I'm Now An Artist With Work In A Museum

My 8 painting series about David Wojnarowicz from over a dozen years ago is now part of the permanent collection of the Leslie-Lohman Museum of Gay and Lesbian Art in Soho here in New York.  All 8 paintings were very beautifully displayed in a show of new acquisitions which opened last night.  I'm very grateful to Hunter O'Hanian and to the museum staff for doing such a great job of displaying my work and hanging the show.  I was so very honored to see my paintings hanging in the company of other artists such as Duane Michals, Don Bachardy, Lucian Freud, George Towne, Patrick Webb, Marion Pinto, Sara Swaty, George Quaintance, and David Wojnarowicz himself among many others.
Thanks to a great fan of my work, Jeff Goodman, who bought the series years ago, for donating it to the Museum.





EXTRA:

Here's a view of the show.  My paintings are all on the blue wall in the back.


4 comments:

it's margaret said...

Congratulations, Doug!

Paul said...

That is wonderful news, Doug. Congratulations!

JCF said...

Doug, Kudos & Congrats!

June Butler said...

Congratulations, Doug. I'm thrilled for you.